What is EndNote?
EndNote is a multi-purpose software package that allows users to
- store all your references in one place, along with your own notes and pdfs of the items
- search online bibliographic databases and add new references and pdfs to your library with a few simple steps,
- automatically format citations and bibliographies in many styles (APA, MLA, Turabian, Chicago) in Microsoft Word documents.
EndNote 14 is currently available on most St. Olaf PCs and Macs in computer labs. EndNote 15 can also be installed on college-owned office machines and faculty-owned and student-owned computers. Copies may be retained after graduation or leaving the college.
By connecting to the P: drive/Prime while using EN at St. Olaf, users may benefit from the customized filters and styles provided by St. Olaf and Carleton reference librarians.
Your EndNote Specialists
For questions regarding EndNote, see:
Charles Priore, Science Librarian
- EndNote installations on Macs or PCs
- Any question on filters connections or styles
Kris MacPherson, Rolvaag Reference Librarian
- EndNote installations on PCs
- Any questions on filters or styles
For immediate answers to "where do I start?" questions, see if this guide can help. Any questions not answered to your satisfaction here will be happily fielded by Charles or Kris.