You have two library-related assignments for this course:
- A "bibliographic refresher" of questions put together by Dr. Hanson. This assignment will introduce you to some new resources in music of the 20th/21st centuries as well as show you how to use familiar sources in new ways.
- A 9-12 page paper in which you:
- Select a musical composition created 1920 - present
- Analyze the music and, if applicable, text
- Research the work's context within
- the composer's output
- its regional or generic context
- its overall time period
- Devise a thesis based upon the above findings
Use the resources described in this guide to assist with your research for both assignments.