Social Work 261: Inclusive Practice with Groups, Organizations, and Communities
Openly Editable Encyclopedia
Tips for Wise Wikipedia Use
- Be aware that anyone can edit entries in Wikipedia.
- Consider it as a starting point for research; get to know your topic and identify important keywords.
- Look for references to reliable, published sources (in the References or Bibliography sections).
- Pay attention to the alert boxes and symbols. "Featured Articles" have a star to indicate their high quality; articles that are in need of updating (e.g. citation needed, newly available information, relies too much on primary sources) will be marked at the top of the page.
Video: Search Catalyst for Reference Entries
- Last Updated: Feb 8, 2023 10:03 AM
- URL: https://libraryguides.stolaf.edu/sw261
- Print Page