Race and Ethnic Studies 121B: Introduction to Race and Ethnic Studies
Why is Gathering Background Research Important?
It's important to familiarize yourself with a topic before you begin doing more specific and extensive research.
Background research will help you:
- Narrow your topic and focus your research question
- Find historical information, trends, agreements and disagreements, related to the topic, and uncovers gaps in your knowledge
- Learn the context of a topic -- the who, what, when, where, why, and how
- Uncover keywords you can use to do more extensive research
- Find additional sources on your topic
- Last Updated: Nov 3, 2023 4:14 PM
- URL: https://libraryguides.stolaf.edu/race121b
- Print Page